Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 3

Today is only the beginning of the day, but I had so very exciting news that I wanted to write about, I weighed myself this morning and I weight 156.4 I am excited!! One more pound and I will have lost five pounds. I am so excited for everything. I am proud of myself for losing even this much, it has been at least a year since I have weighed 156!!! This is motivating me even more to continue with everything that I am doing because the reward is going to be so worth it. I want to be able to go to the Dew Tour and take pictures and say "wow I look really great in these photos I am so proud of myself." Instead of saying "oh my gosh I hate all of these pictures, I wish I would have lost the weight."

I talked to Holly again today, and she is really the best coach I could ask for. She is great at explaining what needs to be done and how to do things. And makes you realize that the smallest changes could mean all the difference in your weight loss. She even gave me a great quote that I am going to keep playing over and over in my head. " You are beautiful and you are thin!" To me this is the greatest quote ever. I always catch myself looking at myself and thinking "man I don't even see a five pound weight loss shouldn't I look a lot different by now?" And it really just gets you down and frustrated and just figuring you should go back to what you where doing before and give up. But by saying this to yourself it makes you feel more confident and able to focus on the positive changes in your body.

I have been progressively writing this today, and it is now finally 9 at night. I went and worked out tonight. I started this program called C25k(click the link for more information) and it basically takes you from a couch potato to being able to run a 5k marathon. I pushed myself through this work out., and let me tell you while it was very hard I felt so accomplished after wards. I know that this is going to make my weight loss go even faster and I am going to get healthier along the way. This is now a lifestyle change for me, I don't ever want to have to do this again I want to get healthy and stay healthy. We should no longer call anything a diet, but a lifestyle change because when we say diet we dread it and we think once we get where we want we can go back to the way that we where, but that is not the case at all.

We just need to tell ourselves I want to make this change in my life, I want to be healthy, I want to feel better inside and out, I don't want to go back to feeling the way I do now, I don't want to look at myself and find things wrong with myself. These are all things that I want to throw away and begin a new life with a new me.

I want more and more people to feel and see the same vision. Think of it this way, we have one life to live so we need to cherish it. Is it really worth killing ourselves for food that only tastes good for 10 minutes or so while we eat it? Or would we rather see our kids and grandchildren grow up and be able to do things with them longer and do things with them longer because we are healthy. I don't want to grow old and be overweight and have a lot of health problems, I want to enjoy my entire life and I want everyone to feel the same way. Or find a goal within themselves to become healthy and fit.

I hope that I am not being mean or too blunt, I just want people to want to be healthy. Get Americans back to where they used to be skinny and healthy. Get out and do activity's and spending time with family playing tennis or going for a walk. Every little bit will count as Holly has told me and I truly believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment